Never, ever, ever ask for the olive brine! Why ask for water, salt and vinegar to be poured into your favourite vodka? What you really want is the flavour of he olives so why not put the olives in your drink? This is going to pulverize the olives, build texture and have an amazing flavour.
- 3 oz. Vodka
- Splash of vermouth \ or none
- 6 caper stuffed olives
- Pour vodka into a shaker half full of ice and add olives to the shaker.
- Shake until well chilled and olives are pulverized.
- Pour a splash of vermouth into the martini glass and roll the liquid around the surface of the bowl.
- Discard vermouth and strain vodka into the glass.
- By pulverizing the olives we are releasing the essential oils and olive juice into the drink instead of using the brine which is comprised of oil, salt and water.