This is a gorgeous and easy canape that uses the balckberries to mimic caviar on top providing an interesting visual and terrific flavour.
Makes 8 Portions
- 6 Blackberries
- 4 oz Chevre
- 1 French Shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- ½ sheet Puff Pastry
- 4 oz White Port
- Mince shallots and butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Cook on low and covered until the shallots soften.
- Remove lid and add white port covering the shallots well.
- Cook on low until the shallots caramelize. Reserve.
- Cut puff pastry into 2 inch squares and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Allow to start to rise and brown (approximately 5 min. ),
- Remove from the oven and spoon 1 tsp of chevre and a demitasse of shallot, replace into oven.
- Allow to brown and rise fully
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 4 min.
- Add blackberry caviar by slicing just under the jewels allowing for 4-6 pearls to land onto the cheese
- Serve with a crack of pepper.