The Nagano pork is like Wagyu Beef it is the most flavourful and tender pork we have ever tasted and this recipe really brings out the complex flavours. Its delicous and certainly blows away the 70's version of a pork loin, pineapple and cherry skewer.
- 16 oz. Nagano Pork Loin
- 16 Red Onion coins
- 32 Sable and Rosenfeld Tipsy Cherries
- 16 Bamboo skewers
- 3 cups Ginger beer
- 2 cups Kavi Coffee Whisky
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 whole Vidalia onion sliced
- Place loin in a foil pan fat side up. Heat BBQ on high.
- Combine liquid ingredients and divide into half.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth to half of the liquid and pour into the pan.
- Tent loin and mixture and place on BBQ.
- Reserve other half without vegetable broth and pour into a nonstick pan and heat on medium until reduced by half.
- Cook on medium so that the marinade is lightly bubbling and cook until the fat starts to melt and brown while marinating the loin every 10 minutes.
- The loin should be rare, remove from grill and tent for 20 minutes.
- Slice loin and skewer alternating the onion coins with the cherries.
- Replace onto the grill and baste with the glaze from the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with a side of the glaze.